Cognascents is seeking a Administrative Assistant to help with the company’s overall administrative and project activity. This is not a remote position. This position requires office presence daily at our West Houston office.
Essential Job Function:
- Executing front-desk responsibilities including answering phones, fielding deliveries, serving as front-line customer service experience
- Review and proof-reading outdoing correspondence and technical reports
- Ordering office supplies and keeping stock of office inventory
- Performing administrative quality assurance and control for technical deliverables
- Supporting technical project execution on various administrative tasks, such as electronic highlight of drawings and assembly of training binders
- Coordinating travel schedules and arrangements
- Maintaining and organizing project files
- Preparing packages for shipping
- Running business errands
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in a professional environment
- Bachelor degree preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication, composition, editing and proofreading skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to manage several projects simultaneously
- Ability to multi-task, work under critical time deadlines, re-evaluate priorities, and interact with all levels of personnel
- Must be enthusiastic, flexible and a team player
- Exposure to sensitive information will necessitate considerable use of tact, diplomacy, discretion, and judgment
- Strong willingness to learn
Compensation and Benefits:
- Compensation will be negotiated with the successful candidate
- Medical benefits and monthly wellness allowance
- Simple IRA savings plan
- 9/80 work schedule
Cognascents is an established multi-disciplinary engineering organization with expertise across the
energy and chemical spectrums.
For over a decade, we have provided process engineering, process safety, risk management, asset
integrity, and technical business solutions. We work with leading organizations by perpetually seeking
ways to address their technical challenges and leveraging our deep functional and industry expertise.
We offer insight, share perspectives, and engage in ongoing dialogue to advance our industry and give
back to our community.
At Cognascents, we believe that authentic awareness and relentless achievement are cardinal to the
pursuit of integrity, balance, and transcendence. We pledge unwavering loyalty to our employees,
clients, and community and strive for the greatest familial, patriotic, and environmental relevance.