Cognascents is seeking an integrity engineer with more than five (5) years of experience. This position would support the mechanical integrity programs of chemical and oil and gas facilities (inclusive of offshore assets). A bachelor’s degree with mechanical or chemical engineering concentration is preferred, but equivalent degrees will also be considered. For applicants without an engineering degree, equivalent work experience is considered.
This position will work collaboratively to review, plan, coordinate, execute, and evaluate the integrity and integrity management of facilities and/or asset(s). This position will also have the opportunity to support and/or become a project lead while taking direction from senior engineers. This role will require independent effort but, as a key member of the Asset Integrity team, you will be working in a culture of collaboration to deliver results for our clients while having multiple opportunities to learn, mentor and grow. It is expected that integrity engineers within this role will continue technical and professional development towards a professional engineering license and/or additional professional technical competency certifications.
Essential Job Function:
- Perform integrity assessments for pressure equipment and related processing equipment
- Perform reliability and integrity assessments for rotating equipment
- Implement and execute integrity programs for facilities onshore and offshore assets
- Review and analyze inspection results
- Collect data and implement Inspection Database Management System (IDMS) software programs such as Antea, PCMS, etc.
- Perform risk assessments based on available information
- Perform engineering analysis to applicable codes, standards, and accepted practice
- Manage day to day tasks for the customers and internal project teams
- Manage client interface and lead client facing meetings
- Perform data gathering and field capture of information necessary to the successful completion of the assessments
- Perform field inspections and integrity reviews
- Work with cutting edge engineering and asset integrity software
- Organize and gather process and detailed drawing information
- Work for and support other team members and engineering personnel with specific project tasks
Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Two to five (2-5) years of integrity related experience in any combination of the upstream, midstream, refining, and chemicals industries
- Proficient in inspection, integrity engineering, and pressure equipment design or related mechanical engineering related topics
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Solid Works or other comparable process simulation software, and Adobe Acrobat
- Data analytics and computational analytics experience is a plus.
- Proficient in writing and speaking English
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal and time management skills
- Engineer in Training (EIT) preferred
- Experience with the American Petroleum Institute’s (API) applicable codes and standards
- API certifications in API 510, 570, 580, and or 571, a plus
- Authorized to lawfully work in the United States
- Authorized to work offshore by qualifying for safety courses and offshore survival courses
- Pass required drug and alcohol screening
This position will support offshore assets and customer facilities located outside of the greater Houston, Texas area; thus, travel is anticipated for this role.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Compensation will be negotiated with the successful candidate
- Medical benefits and monthly wellness allowance
- Simple IRA savings plan
- Paid volunteer time
- 9/80 work schedule when not traveling or offshore
Cognascents is an established multi-disciplinary engineering organization with expertise across the
energy and chemical spectrums.
For over a decade, we have provided process engineering, process safety, risk management, asset
integrity, and technical business solutions. We work with leading organizations by perpetually seeking
ways to address their technical challenges and leveraging our deep functional and industry expertise.
We offer insight, share perspectives, and engage in ongoing dialogue to advance our industry and give
back to our community.
At Cognascents, we believe that authentic awareness and relentless achievement are cardinal to the
pursuit of integrity, balance, and transcendence. We pledge unwavering loyalty to our employees,
clients, and community and strive for the greatest familial, patriotic, and environmental relevance.