Cognascents is seeking a Bookkeeper/Accounting Clerk to help with the company’s overall accounting activity. This is not a remote position. This position requires office presence daily at our West Houston office.
Essential Job Function:
- Under the direction of the company Treasurer, all day-to-day accounting responsibilities will be assumed by this position
- Organize and maintain data for payroll reports, and employee records
- Journal entries, bank reconciliations, payroll reconciliations, maintain and balance general ledger
- Month-end accounting, general ledger reconciliation, weekly profit and loss, balance sheet preparation
- Manage accounts receivable and accounts payable reports
- Payroll processing and administration
- Assist in managing healthcare program and SEP Program
- Maintain accurate bookkeeping by preparing and posting accurate monthly journal entries and financial statements
Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Five (5) years of hands-on accounting experience
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Ability to multi-task and work under moderate pressure
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Proficient in QuickBooks
Compensation and Benefits:
- Compensation will be negotiated with the successful candidate
- Medical benefits and monthly wellness allowance
- Simple IRA savings plan
- 9/80 work schedule
Cognascents is an established multi-disciplinary engineering organization with expertise across the
energy and chemical spectrums.
For over a decade, we have provided process engineering, process safety, risk management, asset
integrity, and technical business solutions. We work with leading organizations by perpetually seeking
ways to address their technical challenges and leveraging our deep functional and industry expertise.
We offer insight, share perspectives, and engage in ongoing dialogue to advance our industry and give
back to our community.
At Cognascents, we believe that authentic awareness and relentless achievement are cardinal to the
pursuit of integrity, balance, and transcendence. We pledge unwavering loyalty to our employees,
clients, and community and strive for the greatest familial, patriotic, and environmental relevance.