Cognascents is looking for a Process Safety Engineer – PHA Facilitator. A minimum of 5+ years of relevant experience is expected for this role. An engineering degree is preferred. Individuals without an engineering degree will be considered and evaluated based on their work experience.
Essential Job Function:
- Be client-facing, having a proven record of building and maintaining positive and professional client relationships
- Prepare, facilitate, scribe, and write reports for the PHA (e.g., HAZOP, What-if, FMEA, HAZID)
- Select the PHA methodology based on complexity of the process and hazards involved
- Ensure the PHA scenarios, consequences, safeguards, and recommendations are complete and correctly identified and captured in the PHA software
- Assist with process safety and risk management consulting
- Produce technical reports
- Read and interpret Process and Mechanical Drawings, Cause and Effect Charts, SAFE Charts, Instrument Diagrams, etc.
- Understand and comply with all Cognascents and client safety procedures that govern the work being performed
- Work for and support other team members and engineering personnel with specific project tasks.
Knowledge and Experience:
- 10 + years of process/process safety engineering experience in the upstream, downstream or chemical industry
- Polished oral and written communication skills
- Technical competence and creative problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and time management skills
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering degree or related discipline
- Must be able to legally work in the United States
Travel requirements vary throughout the year, but no more than 30% travel is anticipated.
The Cognascents Consulting Group, Inc. is a risk management and business consulting company based in Houston, Texas. We help people and organizations in the energy and chemical industries achieve competitive sustainability through customer-focused risk management and business solutions that leverage our rare combination of technical problem solving skills and sharp business acumen.
Our risk management solutions include process safety management systems auditing, HAZOP and LOPA facilitation, process safety information generation, process safety action resolution, process engineering, relief system and flare header analysis, SEMS/SEMP program development, and SEMS/SEMP program auditing.
Our business solutions include strategy consulting, growth consulting, performance metrics monitoring solutions, leadership development, competitive sustainability analysis, work process analysis and development, and change management consulting.