CAD Designer (contract basis)
Join the Cognascents Team:
To serve the best and brightest, we want to work with the best and brightest. We are looking for a proven and effective CAD Designer.
Working with us means working in a culture of collaboration to deliver results for our clients – while having multiple opportunities to continue to learn and grow.
At Cognascents we believe in individuals with strong integrity, competence, and are loyal to our customers, coworkers, families, and communities.
Cognascents is looking for a CAD Designer to join our team on a contract basis.. This position will be responsible for understanding, modifying, and creating engineering drawings.
Essential Job Function
- Ability to understand, draft, and modify piping and instrumentation drawings (P&IDs)
- Ability to understand, draft, and modify process flow diagrams (PFDs)
- Ability to understand, draft, and modify isometric drawings
- Ability to apply client engineering standards across different projects with minimal supervision
- Demonstrates knowledge in piping and component symbology
- Communication via written and verbally in a professional manner
- Ability to have flexibility in their schedule to meet project deadlines
- Position is based in the Houston, TX office and will not be a hybrid or work-from-home position.
- This is a contract position; the duration of this position is 2-4 months and applicants will be expected to work a minimum of 20 hours per week.
- Must be legally able to work within the United States.
- 3-5 years of experience working in P&ID drafting in chemical and refining industries.
- Proficiency in Autodesk AutoCad.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Proficiency working in Adobe Acrobat.
- Proficiency in writing and speaking English.
- Strong interpersonal and time management skills.
This position will not require traveling.
Cognascents is an established multi-disciplinary engineering organization with expertise across the energy and chemical spectrums.
For over a decade, we have provided process engineering, process safety, risk management, asset integrity, and technical business solutions. We work with leading organizations by perpetually seeking ways to address their technical challenges and leveraging our deep functional and industry expertise. We offer insight, share perspectives, and engage in ongoing dialogue to advance our industry and give back to our community.
At Cognascents, we believe that authentic awareness and relentless achievement are cardinal to the pursuit of integrity, balance, and transcendence. We pledge unwavering loyalty to our employees, clients, and community and strive for the greatest familial, patriotic, societal, and environmental relevance.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.