Join the Cognascents Team:
To serve the best and brightest, we want to work with the best and brightest. We are looking for a proven and effective Senior Process Safety Engineer.
Working with us means working in a culture of collaboration to deliver results for our clients – while having multiple opportunities to continue to learn and grow.
You will work with a strong team of process safety engineers that provide PHA facilitation services. As a member of the Process Safety Team, you will manage and execute PHAs. The work will have to follow industry standards and best practices.
At Cognascents we believe in individuals with strong integrity, competence, and are loyal to our customers, coworkers, families, and communities.
Cognascents is looking for a Sr. Process Safety Engineer – PHA Facilitator. A minimum of 5+ years of relevant experience is expected for this role. An engineering degree is preferred. Individuals without an engineering degree will be considered and evaluated based on their work experience.
Essential Job Function:
As a Sr. PSE – PHA Facilitator, your essential job functions will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Be client-facing, having a proven record of building and maintaining positive and professional client relationships.
- Prepare, facilitate, scribe, and write reports for the PHA (e.g., HAZOP, What-if, FMEA, HAZID).
- Select the PHA methodology based on the complexity of the process and hazards involved.
- Ensure the PHA scenarios, consequences, safeguards, and recommendations are complete and correctly identified and captured in the PHA software.
- Assist with process safety and risk management consulting.
- Produce technical reports.
- Read and interpret Process and Mechanical Drawings, Cause and Effect Charts, SAFE Charts, Instrument Diagrams, etc.
- Understand and comply with all Cognascents and client safety procedures that govern the work being performed.
- Work for and support other team members and engineering personnel with specific project tasks.
- 10 + years of process/process safety engineering experience in the upstream, downstream or chemical industry.
- Polished oral and written communication skills.
- Technical competence and creative problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and time management skills.
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering degree or related discipline.
- Must be able to legally work in the United States.
Travel requirements vary throughout the year, but no more than 30% travel is anticipated.
Compensation & Benefits Highlights:
- Competitive salary
- Medical benefits
- Simple IRA savings plan
- Paid volunteer time
- 9-80 work schedule
Cognascents is an established multi-disciplinary engineering organization with expertise across the energy and chemical spectrums.
For over a decade, we have provided process engineering, process safety, risk management, asset integrity, and technical business solutions. We work with leading organizations by perpetually seeking ways to address their technical challenges and leveraging our deep functional and industry expertise. We offer insight, share perspectives, and engage in ongoing dialogue to advance our industry and give back to our community.
At Cognascents, we believe that authentic awareness and relentless achievement are cardinal to the pursuit of integrity, balance, and transcendence. We pledge unwavering loyalty to our employees, clients, and community and strive for the greatest familial, patriotic, societal, and environmental relevance.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to email@example.com.