Join the Cognascents Team:
Cognascents is seeking individuals for the position of Integrity Engineer specializing in pressure equipment and piping. We require a minimum of 3 or more years of relevant experience for this role, and while an engineering degree is preferred, individuals without an engineering degree will be considered based on their work experience.
Who You’ll Work With:
As an Integrity Engineer, you will collaborate with a dedicated team of professionals specializing in asset integrity. Your work will adhere to industry standards and best practices. The responsibilities will encompass the development of inspection projects, risk assessments, and ensuring compliance with industry standards and regulations.
At Cognascents, we value individuals with strong integrity, competence, and loyalty to our customers, coworkers, families, and communities.
Essential Job Function:
As an Integrity Engineer, your essential job functions will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Review, manage, and execute the work scope for the inspection campaign.
- Oversee the execution and quality of the inspection teams performing the work scope.
- Ensure all personnel consistently practice safe working procedures.
- Communicate and coordinate with the onshore team and offshore personnel on the asset.
- Identify and manage defects per the defect management process.
- Coordinate logistics and schedules on the asset for the offshore inspection team.
- Perform necessary inspections on the asset to complete the work scope.
- Conduct level 1 Fitness for Service (API 510, 570) calculations to determine the remaining life of equipment.
- Complete inspection reports for the work scope per the desired process.
- Manage and oversee the completion of all reporting procedures for each inspection campaign.
- Comply with all safety and work processes to ensure full compliance with safe work practices and operations.
- Gather data and capture information in the field necessary for the successful completion of assessments with support from onshore engineering.
- Utilize cutting-edge engineering and asset integrity software.
- Organize and gather process and detailed drawing information.
- Collaborate with and support other team members and engineering personnel with specific project tasks.
To qualify for this role, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Legal eligibility to work in the United States.
- Successful completion of required drug and alcohol screening.
- Ability to work offshore by qualifying for safety courses and offshore survival courses.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline.
- Flexibility to travel offshore.
- Five (5) or more years of asset integrity-related experience in any combination of the upstream, midstream, refining, and chemicals industries.
- Proficiency in applicable API, ASME, and related inspection and pressure equipment codes.
- Proficiency in inspection, integrity engineering, and pressure equipment design or related mechanical engineering topics.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and time management skills.
- Certification as an API 510 and/or API 570 Inspector is a plus.
- Other certifications in API, PCN, or ASNT are also advantageous.
This position will support offshore assets; thus, at least 25% travel is anticipated.
Compensation & Benefits Highlights:
- Competitive salary
- Medical benefits
- Simple IRA savings plan
- Paid volunteer time
- 9-80 work schedule
Cognascents is an established engineering firm deeply rooted in integrity, ethical values, and an unwavering commitment to quality. Our meticulous attention to detail sets us apart as we embark on a journey to excellence alongside our valued clients. We serve as a long-term engineering solutions provider, prioritizing service excellence with a 360-degree vision that encompasses every facet of your needs.
Our multidisciplinary team comprises more than 55 process and asset integrity engineers, guided by an accomplished and involved leadership team with deep expertise, providing a unique and technical perspective to problem-solving. Our strength lies in pairing our deep technical expertise with a customer-driven approach to offer innovative solutions to even the most complex challenges. This synergy enables us to systematically analyze data to customize solutions to meet specific needs.
If this sounds like an opportunity of interest to you or someone you know, please apply or send us your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.